Flexibility, power and economy. The Arri ALEXA is a compact and lightweight digital camera that redefines the limits of digital motion picture capture with ultra-fast workflows and image quality akin to 35mm film. From major motion pictures and high end dramas to commercials, music promos and mainstream television, the Arri ALEXA suits a wide variety of applications and budgets.
The unique construction of the Arri ALEXA allows for various output signals to be generated, accommodating diverse production needs and pipelines. The Arri ALEXA is unique in that it can simultaneously record Apple QuickTime/ProRes files, output uncompressed HD video or uncompressed ARRIRAW data. This output versatility makes it ideal for a myriad of productions and workflows from television to feature films.
Sharp images for HD and 2K DI
- A dynamic range of more than 13 stops
- 800 ISO base sensitivity (exposure latitude ranges from 200 to 1600 ISO)
- Exceptionally low noise
- Variable electronic shutter angle 5.0 degrees to 358.0 degrees
- Rec 709 video or Log C outputs- gamma space
- Alexa does not produce 720p images – but shooting 1080p allows you to sell your program to all countries that have chosen 1080p and it can easily be down-converted to 720p
- Direct to edit workflows
- Record 1080p Apple ProRes 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 QuickTime onto SXS cards
- Straight online with ProRes
- Can simultaneously record Apple ProRes files, output uncompressed HD- SDI video and uncompressed ARRIRAW data.
- Can encode images with the ProRes codec and combine them with audio and metadata into QuickTime files in REAL time.
- If you need to get HD images as quickly as possible from the camera into post you can record QuickTime/ProRes files onto the on-board SxS cards, put into a laptop and edit immediately – a fast and simple way to increase efficiency through a tapeless, file-based recording. It is high quality ProRes 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Recording uncompressed HD or ARRIRAW for an offline/online workflow with external media recorders( ie Codes, S-2 )
- The QuickTime/ProRes off-line editing proxy is created directly in the camera
- Carries the same images, audio (not enabled as of yet), time code and metadata as the online HD or ARRIRAW material
- Removes the time-consuming extra step of ingesting and creating an off-line copy and ensures complete congruency between off-line and on-line versions
Please contact PS Camera for more information on Arri ALEXA camera rental packages.
|Camera Type||35 format film-style digital camera|
|Sensor||ALEV III CMOS|
|Frame Rate||0.75 – 60 fps forward only, adjustable with 1/1000 precision.|
|Lens||54 mm PL mount, adjusted for Super 35|
|Shutter||Electronic shutter, adjustable from 5 to 359° with 1/10th precision.|
|Viewfinder||Electronic color viewfinder with a 1280 x 720 pixel F-LCOS micro display and Arri LED backlight. Comes with an eyepiece diopter. Optional Viewfinder Extension Bracket VEB-1 and long EVF cable. High-speed interface to camera for very low latency.|
|Viewing Screen||Superimposed format markers (customizable), peripheral image area and camera status. Pixel to pixel display for critical focusing. False color display for easy exposure check. Image can be flipped for use on left or right side of camera.|
|Power||12 or 24 V DC|
|Accessories||ALEXA has integrated clamps for 15mm rods. ALEXA is compatible to a wide range of production and lightweight matte boxes (15 or 19 mm system), follow focus units, lens control system (LCS) components, wireless remote system (WRS) components, electronic accessories and support systems. Specifically for ALEXA: 19mm rod bridge plate (BP-12), bridge plate adapter (BPA-1) for mounting on standard bridge plates (BP-3/5/8/9), wedge adapter (WA-1) for mounting on the Digi-Cine quick-release base plate (QR-HD1), shoulder pad (SP-3), ALEXA Ethernet Adapter (AEA-1), leveling block (LB-1), viewfinder interface cables, viewfinder mounting bracket (VMB-1), viewfinder extension bracket (VEB-1), electronic viewfinder (EVF-1), ALEXA low mode support set (LMS-3), center camera handle (CCH-1), handle extension block (HEB-2), side camera handle (SCH-1), battery adapter top for gold Mount (BAT-G), battery adapter top for V Mount (BAT-V), battery adapter back for gold Mount (BAB-G), battery adapter back for V Mount (BAB-V), spare fan module (SFM-1), ALEXA rain Shield (ARS-1)|