If you view customers as human beings.
If you believe in rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.
If you look at solutions rather than the clock, then we’d like to get to know you better.
POSITION: CREW I
Division: PS Production Services Ltd.
Location: Toronto – 80 Commissioners Street
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday August 4, 2015.
For more detail about the position please see the job description below. Available in large print if requested.
SIM Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest in our Company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.
By Telephone: 1-800-461-0037
The position of Crew follows specific processes as defined in the Procedures Handbook. Ensures lighting, grip, cable and swing equipment is appropriately and accurately pulled, shipped, received, and checked for damage in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Advises the Department Head or 2nd Department Head when inventory supply is low. Maintains warehouse in an orderly, neat fashion; assists in any other area of PS as required. Collectively build PS as the supplier of choice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· pull and ship orders following Lighting, Grip, Cable and Swing Shipping Processes
· receive rental orders and purchases following Lighting, Grip, Cable and Swing Receiving Processes
· maintain positive and courteous customer relationships
· conduct all duties expeditiously in a safe and careful manner to minimize damage
· effectively maintain work assignments as designated by Department Head, 2nd Department Head and / or Floor Manager
· refer defective bar codes (retired, out on another order, unreadable, e-code mix-up) to the Department Head, 2nd Department Head or Floor Manager for resolution
· refer RentalWorks data entry errors or COD orders to the Rental Coordinator (RC)
· direct customer enquiries/complaints to the RC, Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative as appropriate
· maintain all areas in a clean and safe state
· clean equipment as assigned
· identify issues and make recommendations (includes damaged equipment on shelf, defective bar codes, poor communication, paperwork, customer relations, etc.)
· build team relationships with co-workers
· provide assistance in other departments as required
· grade 12
· post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field an asset
· preferably warehouse experience
· film production experience an asset
· good oral and written communication skills
· basic computer skills
· keen interest in the film industry/shipping and receiving
· attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of all processes
· cope with high work volumes
· know when to refer for higher level approval
· maintain communications during times of high work volume
· maintain temperament during times of high stress and customer complaint
· must be capable of operating a forklift and order picker (training will be provided)
· availability to do overtime including weekends
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· on feet for extended periods of time
· frequent heavy lifting (up to 100 lb)
· warehouse conditions; exposure to climatic changes
· may be required to work outside for extended periods
· repetitive movement with hands while using equipment
· some exposure to chemicals
· frequent bending and kneeling
· overtime may be required (including weekends)