If you view customers as human beings.
If you believe in rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.
If you look at solutions rather than the clock, then we’d like to get to know you better.
POSITIONS: Driver II
Division: PS Production Services Ltd.
Department: Lighting, Grip, Cable and Swing
Location: Toronto – 80 Commissioners Street
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26th, 2015.
Applicants who are contacted for an interview must provide current driver’s abstract, MVR and experience letter. Driving test may be required.
Internal applicants who are interested in this position please contact HR.
For more detail about the position please see the job description below. Available in large print if requested.
SIM Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest in our Company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.
By Telephone: 1-800-461-0037
Deliver and pick-up equipment in a courteous, safe and prompt manner ensuring all documentation is completed as required. Provide Technician and/or Crew duties as required.
Collectively build PS as the supplier of choice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- obtain delivery/pick-up requests from the driver delivery board or as directed
- ensure full understanding of delivery location, individual contact, and any payment conditions and pick-up requirements if appropriate
- ensure all pulled items are loaded on vehicle
- ensure vehicle is properly loaded and secure for transport. Assist crew with loading when required
- inform Floor Manager/Department Head if load is large and additional assistance is required
- be presentable, courteous and conscientious at all times; a real Ambassador of PS
- conduct a vehicle circle check prior to driving to ensure it is legal and safe
- operate vehicle safely and according to PS policy
- ensure vehicle is always locked when not in use
- immediately inform the Floor Manager of any vehicle maintenance problems and report issue to Transportation
- take cell phone and maintain contact with Floor Manager from each location to obtain further direction
- identify destination(s), vehicle taken, time out/in, and cell phone taken in the “Driver Log Book” as applicable
- ensure accuracy and completeness of all documentation
- ensure the vehicle is filled with fuel, and maintained in a clean manner
- ensure that deliveries/pick-ups are reviewed according to the contract, correctly counted, signed for and appropriately receipted. Assist with unloading/loading as appropriate
- when RentalWorks paperwork is applicable, ensure that a return slip is given to customer when picking up equipment in the field
- identify any visible equipment defects to customer upon pick up and Rental Coordinator upon return
- assist in the warehouse as directed
- refer any customer feedback (positive or negative) to Floor Manager / Manager, Rental Operations & Inventory as soon as possible
- basic understanding of PS process
- grade 12 with 3 years of work experience
- must be 25 years of age or older for insurance purposes
- continually provide exemplary customer service
- knowledge of customer locations for pick-ups and deliveries
- general knowledge of equipment
- knowledge of set operation and protocols
- understand safety issues
- appropriate license classification is mandatory, upgraded license classification AZ license
- good oral and written communication
- experience letter stating 3 years’ experience driving heavy trucks required
- MVR required
- maintain temperament and composure during times of high stress and customer complaint
- ability to safely and expeditiously make deliveries during times of high volumes and traffic
- maintain communications during times of high work volume
- work awkward and unusual hours
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- warehouse conditions; exposure to climatic changes
- exposure to set and customer locations
- sitting for long periods
- exposure to driving in all weather conditions
- frequent heavy lifting (up to 100 lb)
- may be required to work outside for extended periods
- some exposure to chemicals
- frequent bending and kneeling
- overtime may be required (including weekends)