If you view customers as human beings.
If you believe in rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.
If you look at solutions rather than the clock, then we’d like to get to know you better.
Position: Director of Marketing of SIM Group of Companies
Date: July 2014
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
The Director of Marketing is responsible for defining, planning and executing all marketing objectives and strategies for the SIM Group of Companies and ensuring that all positioning, messaging, and branding is accurately reflected in key marketing channels.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development and execution of the Annual Integrated Marketing Communications Plan to address key marketing, advertising and communications strategies and tactics
- Coordinate and administer the Company’s marketing operations budget; support the development of regional marketing budgets
- Working in conjunction with the Creative Director, write, direct and supervise the creative development and timely execution of all marketing and advertising strategies, messages and programs to ensure proper positioning and consistent branding of The Sim Group
- Work with the Creative Director to oversee firm’s electronic marketing efforts including: Website design, content and maintenance
- Work with the Creative Director to create, update and organize marketing materials including newsletters, proposals and presentations, advertising, brochures, sales flyers, and other written and online materials
- Develop and manage communications for new product launches, advertisements, product brochures and product bulletins
- Organize and implement client relations activities including client satisfaction survey follow up, client development activities, SWAG merchandizing, special events and external communication pieces such as SIM WIRED
- Create and manage the execution of the bi-annual companywide Client Satisfaction Survey and prepare a collective report that defines benchmarks and measures location and departmental success as a reflection of client experience
- Oversee and assist branch offices with local marketing initiatives including in-house events, industry tradeshows and sponsorships and create location specific marketing materials when required
- Organize and manage all aspects of the Toronto office Annual Technology Open House including soliciting vendor participation and sponsorship of event
- Create, manage and distribute internal staff monthly newsletter and liaise with branch offices for newsletter story inclusions
- Participate in Senior Management Team meetings to report progress and/ or consult on current and future marketing strategies and initiatives
- Identify, recommend and coordinate Company participation at viable industry events and tradeshows including key industry related sponsorship opportunities
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to oversee the work of 3rd party agencies (ie. web designers, printers, etc.) to ensure high quality products and services and cost effective pricing
- Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media
- Develop, administer and maintain marketing database which includes client and prospect information, mailing lists etc.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions, training events and trade shows as required
- Demonstrate and impart upon staff, an appreciation for the mission, vision, and values
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Marketing or Advertising based program
- Minimum 5 years marketing/advertising and communication experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory/project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Experience developing, budgeting and executing Marketing/Advertising programs and initiatives
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of the film and television industry and related technologies considered an asset
- Marketing & Sales: Uses effective marketing and persuasion to generate interest and enhance demand for the organization’s products and services.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
- Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight.
- Customer Service Focus: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with Sim Digital.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness.
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus: Ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Leadership: Motivates and inspires others and self to take action to achieve Company goals.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
- Out of country travel required
All job descriptions are subject to change based on the evolving needs of the company.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org