If you view customers as human beings.
If you believe in rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.
If you look at solutions rather than the clock, then we’d like to get to know you better.
Helpdesk Support Analyst
Division: PS Production Services Ltd.
Reports to: Director of Innovation and Information Services
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday December 12th, 2014.
SIM Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest in our Company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.
The Jr. Help Desk Support Analyst will provide application and hardware support to end-users. She/he will provide friendly and timely solutions to business problems and keep all systems running smoothly. She/he will support a wide selection of technologies for over a 200 users in 6 locations across Canada. Minimum weekend, evening and ‘on call’ support is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep IT Director informed of key developments that affect services delivered to the business
- Primary Help Desk agent
- Act as the single point of contact for all technical and application support calls and emails
- Log end-user issues in ticketing system
- Perform incident management, troubleshooting through to issue resolution.
- Escalate issues to appropriate resources
- Maintain documentation
- Provide phone, email and hands-on first line technical and application support for end users
- Hardware support for desktop, network and peripherals
- Application Support (MS Office, CRM, ERP, MS Dynamics)
- Become ERP & CRM technical guru to provide training and support to business
- Administer Microsoft, Mac OS & Linux based systems
- Assist System Administrator in supporting active directory, exchange, remote desktop, VNC, phone system, VMware and surveillance system
- Support IT team on defects, enhancements, support and projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Graduate of Information Technology/Computer Science program or equivalent
- 1-3 years of helpdesk or technical support analyst experience (desirable)
- MS Windows desktop support (essential)
- MS Windows server support (desirable)
- MS Office and Outlook (essential)
- Help Desk ticketing system (desirable)
- Mac OS & Linux (desirable)
- SQL Server (desirable)
- VMware, anti-virus, Microsoft Access, Terminal Services (desirable)
- Knowledge of Exchange Server (desirable)
- Knowledge of rental inventory an asset (desirable)
- Knowledge of CMS (Content Management Solutions, SharePoint) (desirable)
- IT team, all business users, vendors and third party support
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills (essential)
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills (essential)
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills (essential)
- Well organized, disciplined and able to manage their own work and work within a team setting
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Exposure to warehouse environment
- Some physical effort required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and computer equipment)
- Long hours sitting using computers and office equipment
- Minimum weekend, evening and ‘on call’ support
By Telephone: 1-800-461-0037
In person: Please visit the reception desk.